Kangana Ranaut gets bail in defamation case related to farmers’ protest tweet: “Never imagined this controversy”: Bollywood News – IHNS

Actor and politician Kangana Ranaut was granted bail by Punjab’s Bathinda court on Monday in the defamation case filed by farmer protestor Mahinder Kaur. The case dates back to 2021, when Kaur had accused Ranaut of defaming her through a social media post during the farmers’ protest.

Kangana Ranaut gets bail in defamation case related to farmers' protest tweet:

Kangana Ranaut gets bail in defamation case related to farmers’ protest tweet: “Never imagined this controversy”

Ranaut, who arrived at the court around 2 pm wearing a sari and sunglasses, told reporters that she regretted the “misunderstanding” caused by her post, but said she had not made any direct comments against any person.

After the hearing, Ranaut said, “Whatever misunderstanding happened with Mahinder ji’s family, I gave a message to Mata ji’s husband about how she became a victim of misunderstanding.” She said, “I had never imagined this controversy even in my dreams. Every mother, whether from Punjab or Himachal, is respectable for me.”

Asked whether she believed she had inadvertently made a mistake, Ranaut said the issue had been misinterpreted. “There was a retweet that was used as a meme. There were multiple women in that meme and no comment was made against any individual,” she clarified, adding that she had already spoken to Mahinder Kaur’s husband regarding the matter.

The actress further said that she “regrets the misunderstanding” that occurred following the post but stressed that it was never her intention to insult or misidentify anyone.

Mahinder Kaur’s lawyer, Raghubir Singh Beniwal, confirmed that the court granted bail to Ranaut on the bond filled by her father. He said Ranaut also filed a petition seeking permanent exemption from personal appearance, which he opposed.

According to Beniwal, when the court asked Ranaut if she wanted to say anything, the actor said she wanted to apologize to the complainant, adding that her post was not intended to target anyone.

The court then sought a response from Mahinder Kaur’s husband Labh Singh, who said he would consult family members before deciding whether to accept the apology. The case has now been listed for hearing on November 24.

The complaint, filed in January 2021, alleged that Ranaut had misidentified Mahinder Kaur as Bilkis Bano, an elderly activist known for participating in the 2020 Shaheen Bagh protests. Kaur claimed that the actor’s “false allegations and comments” compared her to Shaheen Bagh’s “grandmother”, even though she has been a part of the farmers’ protests since the beginning.

Earlier this year, the Supreme Court had observed that Ranaut’s post was “not a simple retweet” and the actor had “added spice” to the existing content. Following this comment, Ranaut withdrew her petition before the top court.

Also read: Kangana Ranaut praised Rishabh Shetty’s Kantara, said- ‘Such films can help in preserving tribal culture’

Bollywood News – Live Updates

Follow us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box Office Collection, New Movies Release, Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood Live News Today & Upcoming Movies 2025 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on IHNS.

Leave a Comment

Discover Timeless Elegance with OLEVS Watches सलमान खान की ‘द सेवन डॉग्स’ से जुड़ी 10 खास बातें शादी के 4 साल में सबसे हॉट एक्ट्रेस हो गई थी तलाक