Hours after actor Ranveer Singh allegedly received a threatening WhatsApp voice note demanding a ransom of crores of rupees, now a close aide of Salman Khan has also received a similar threat via email. The sender reportedly claimed links to jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi’s gang.
Salman Khan’s close aide receives threat email linked to Lawrence Bishnoi gang: Report
Threatening e-mail demands crores of rupees
According to IANS, the threat email was sent to a close aide of Salman Khan, who is said to be an actor working in the film industry. The message allegedly demanded crores of rupees and mentioned links with the Lawrence Bishnoi gang.
Mumbai Police sources said the crime branch has started investigating the case. Authorities are tracking the mobile locations of the suspects near the homes of several celebrities and have increased vigil in sensitive areas.
However, no formal police complaint has been filed so far by Salman Khan or the person concerned.
Ranveer Singh also targeted
On Tuesday, February 10, Ranveer Singh reportedly received a WhatsApp voice note threatening him and demanding a ransom of crores. Following the threat, Mumbai Police increased security outside the 40-year-old actor’s residence and began efforts to trace the sender.
Police suspect that members of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang may be behind the extortion attempt. Ranveer Singh was last seen in a blockbuster film stalwart.
Background: Salman Khan and Bishnoi Gang
The tension between Salman Khan and the Bishnoi gang started in 1998, when during the shooting of we are togetherThe actor reportedly went on a hunting trip and killed a black buck. This animal is considered sacred by the Bishnoi community.
Lawrence Bishnoi, who is currently in jail, had publicly declared that it was his life’s goal to get Salman Khan to apologize for the incident or kill him.
The latest threat comes in the wake of another high-profile security scare. On February 1, bullets were fired at filmmaker Rohit Shetty’s residence in Juhu, Mumbai. The Lawrence Bishnoi gang later claimed responsibility for the attack through a social media post.
The Mumbai Crime Branch has started a formal investigation into the recent threats. After several incidents involving prominent film personalities came to light within a short period of time, the police have intensified surveillance and security arrangements across the city.
Authorities have not yet confirmed whether the same person or network is linked to the threats against both Ranveer Singh and Salman Khan. Investigation is ongoing.






