Denis Villeneuve’s version of James Bond has the entire internet extremely curious. Right from the first announcement, it has become an attention-grabber, and the sound of any update generates maximum interest around the world. One of the front-runners for the lead role is British actor Callum Turner, who many have voiced as a suitable choice, and during his appearance at the latest Berlinale, the star remained tight-lipped about potential casting, sharing that it was still too early for those questions.
Callum Turner makes strong comment on James Bond questioning in Berlin
At the first day of press for his film Rosebush Pruning at the 2026 Berlin Film Festival, Callum Turner was questioned about his possible appearance as the famous detective. As reported by Variety, the journalist noted that the question might be one that could be thrown out of the way due to his presence at the press conference, with the actor sharing, “You’re right, it’s too early for that question.” He is said to have said with ‘a slight smile’, “I’m not going to comment on it.”
To spice it up, co-star Tracy Letts decided to add some humor and say, “I’m sorry, I’m the next James Bond!” While everyone else, including Turner, managed to smile and keep it light by replying, “Tracy, I thought you weren’t going to say anything.” There’s no doubt the 60-year-old is not the next James Bond, but many will be content to think of him as one during the Berlin Film Festival, which runs from Thursday, February 12, 2026, to Sunday, February 22, 2026.
So far, apart from Dua Lipa’s 35-year-old fiancé, Jacob Elordi, Tom Holland, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Anthony Boyle, Leo Suter, Harris Dickinson, Regé-Jean Page and Idris Elba are among the many names being discussed for the role, with the first name on the list reportedly already meeting the star director. The toss is still up in the air and every day there is more speculation coming in for the next 007 role.





